Friday, February 26, 2010

What Would A Miracle Look Like?

Feeling desperate and out of choices is a place almost everyone has visited.  Being pitted against hard deadlines or quotas can really take you to the edge of your resources.   How many times have your looked up to heaven and said, "God.. I need a miracle?"

I have! Ok.. more than once or twice or... well, you get the picture!
But I can remember one occasion as though it were yesterday. 
I looked up from a project and said, "God I need a MIRACLE!"  I was at the end of my line. And almost the next second I heard him speak back and say, "If I gave you one, what would it look like?"  OUCH!  It was a chastisement.  It was like he was telling me NOT to use that request line unless I was serious about what I wanted!

Jesus did miracles.  He did them a lot. And on occasion he would ask, "What would you have the Son of Man do for you?"  He wanted an answer!  He wanted THEM to think it through and identify the result they were looking to receive! 

Another writer of the epistles said, "You have not because you ask not, or because you ask amiss.?  Amiss.  Get it.  A-miss.  You didn't aim.  You were not specific.  You missed!

Is the message saying that he wants us to aim our request;
  • Do you need a miracle of more clients who pay monthly?
  • Do you need a miracle of qualified staff who have skills in particular?
  • Do you need cash-flow relief?
  • Do you need a quick decision from an prospect?
  • Do you need a change of attitude from a superior?
He does miracles... and they often start with us being specific.

So order your miracle.  You're not waiting on God; He is waiting on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment